ITINERARY: The itinerary starts in the lower part of the “Sorbera” valley in Castiglione di Sicilia and goes up along Monte Miramare. Once on the ridge, you cross the hill entering the Alcantara Valley, descending almost to the level of the river. Along the route you cross the woods that cover the vesanti and the “Sorbera” stream with its cool and clear waters. You can enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the Valley.
PLACE OF DEPARTURE / ARRIVAL: Departure of the Gole Alcantara Botanical and Geological Park.
POINTS OF PARTICULAR INTEREST:
- Gorges Alcantara,
- The lakes of the Sorbera stream,
- The Sorbera wood and the “ five brothers ”.
- The view from the summit.
TOTAL LENGTH: About 12km
EXCURSION DURATION: about 4.5 hours
- with chaperone,
- possibility to organize lunch and / or overnight stays in one of our resorts in the valley or at the Gole Alcantara Botanical and Geological Park,
- Groups organized in compliance with pandemic prevention regulations.
AGE RANGE: From 12 to 65 years.